Wednesday, September 26, 2007

There's a new Colonel in town...





Introducing, the Colonel. Constantly seeking revenge for his ancestors slaughtered by a man of the same name who founded the infamous KFC. Ok, in all seriousness, this guy was a pain to build, a pain to paint, but looks great in my opinion. Oh? What's that? You think it was a waste of time and looks like crap? *objector incinerated by twin streams of fire* Anyone else? Ok, so all the bitz used...Tornado Heavy Flamer (which I now think is meant to go on a dreadnought or something), Orlock Flamer Backpack, Dark Elf Dark Riders Command Sword, Kroot Carnivore Sprue, a piece of paper clip to make the support for the gun (the strap), a piece of paper clip to make the hose that attaches the pack to the flamer, and a TON of greenstuff. I mean, there's greenstuff everywhere on this thing. The hilt of the sword is a piece of paper clip wrapped in greenstuff and molded, the strap from his shoulder to the gun is a piece of paper clip covered in greenstuff, the hose is a piece of paper clip covered in greenstuff and molded, the backpack is held on by greenstuff, the left arm is held on basically by greenstuff because of a HUGE gap formed when I made that arm hold the flamer, the half-sheath for the sword is greenstuff, the part of the cape that makes his clothing look like one piece instead of a cape tied on is greenstuff. I think I used nearly a half a stick of greenstuff on this guy, but in my opinion, it payed off. Oh...and all those nice little details and cool looking things I made on him seemed like a good idea, but apparently I forgot that I would have to paint him eventually and brushes don't magically bend the way you want them too. >.<

No comments: