Monday, September 3, 2007

Good news...and Bad News

Ok, I got Angkhor Prok and my two boxes of kroot (still waiting on the other 12...I'll give the guy to Wednesday before I tell eBay he didn't ship). I managed to build one box of carnivores and nearly finish a shaper. All I'm missing is the chain bit to make the eviscerator and that's on it's way. However, I remembered to bring my finished kroot with me to college but I forgot to bring the other unfinished box. So, it's going to be another 2 weeks before I can get that box to build some vicious kroot (aka my version of kroot hounds). I suppose that this does give me some time to paint my already completed kroot though so I'll look at it like a blessing in disguise....now if I could only come up with a paint scheme!

As for the shaper council (that would be built this week if I had my other sprues >.<) I have decided to do this. Three will be built with eviscerators, while the other two will have flamers and power weapons. This is because 1. flamers are great when you're assaulting large groups with few guys, and 2. the rules for kroot equipment state you can either have 2 single-handed weapons or 1 single-handed weapon and a two-handed weapon. Thus, I can't have a guy with a flamer and an eviscerator. I'll be using the tornado heavy flamer to show my flamers combined with the Necromundo Orlock flamer backpack cause it looks more orky and since knowledge is passed down by orks through DNA and kroot eat orks, it's krooty. I'm also using the warmaster dark elf dark riders command sword for the power weapon...it was $0.75 and looked cool...what? For the eviscerators I'm simply taking a kroot rifle, chopping of the end part, and then gluing the sword part of the imperial missionary chain sword on to the end. Once my bits come I'll start uploading some pics.

No comments: